SPLASH Gordon . . . the Mission Trip without the trip!
SPLASH Gordon is the effort of several churches working together to Show People Love And Share Him with our community in a variety of ways over a two day period. You can become a missionary and share the love of Jesus in visibly tangible ways without ever leaving home! SPLASH participants are engaged in local mission projects ranging from construction (painting, roofing, handicap ramps, decks, yard work, repairs, etc.) to a variety of creative ministries (sports camps, nursing home ministries, Back Yard Bible Clubs, housing authority service projects, evangelism, etc.) You can get your hands dirty doing yard work, painting or performing minor home repairs for people in need. Or, you can make and share baked goods, sing, clean, change light bulbs, visit, share the gospel, teach Bible lessons, minister to people on the streets, in nursing homes, at schools - the possibilities are endless! There is something for everyone to do - other service areas include: prayer, medical, photography, security, meal service & delivery, transportation, registration & check-in, etc. This is an opportunity for individuals, families, youth groups and entire churches to be on mission together as we SPLASH our community with God’s love. Each day will conclude with an evening meal (no meal Sat.-dismiss @ 5 pm) and a Worship Service. Check-in will begin at 7:00 am each morning at New Town Baptist Church, 897 Newtown Church Rd. NE, Calhoun, Ga. 30701
$50.00 per person
on-line price includes 3.5% processing fee
$51.75 per person
7:00 am - Registration/Check-in
7:00 am - Breakfast in Fellowship Hall
7:45 am - Welcome/Worship Rally
8:15 am - Depart for Ministry Sites
8:30 am - Ministry Work
12:00 pm - Lunch/Devotion on site
12:30 pm - Ministry Work
4:30 pm - Return to host church
5:00 pm - Evening meal together
6:15 pm - WORSHIP service
7:45 pm - Dismissal
We believe . . .
- that the Holy Bible is the divinely inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- that there is one God, eternally existent in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each with personality and deity.
- that Jesus Christ is God and Man in one Person, that He was born of a virgin, that He gave His life as a sacrifice for sin, that He literally arose from the dead and ascended to heaven and that He will return again to establish the Kingdom of God.
- that man (male and female) is in a state of sin separated from God.
- that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
- that eternal life is received by faith – that is, trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- that the Holy Spirit indwells all true believers and enables them to live a godly life.
- that there is spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- that every true believer is commissioned of Christ to “preach the Gospel to every creature”, and to “make disciples of all nations”.